GCSE Exam Results 2019
It was a happy and buoyant hall at Thomas More Catholic School on results morning as students collected grades that marked the culmination of two years’ hard work on the new GCSEs. The GCSE results gave many causes for celebration and those of us who were there on results day can testify to a great atmosphere in the hall and there was far more celebrating than any other emotion. Indeed, screams of joy and tears of relief and celebration were clearly evident as students realised the fruit of their labours. A big thank you and congratulations to everyone in the community who made this possible.
- 71% of pupils achieved a 4+ in Maths and 75% of pupils achieved a 4+ in their best English.
- 63% of pupils achieved a 4+ in both English and Maths.
- 48% of pupils achieved a 4+ in two Sciences.
- 46% of pupils achieved a 4+ in History or Geography
- 58% of pupils achieved a 4+ in a Modern Foreign Language.
- Our Attainment 8 figure was 43.2.
Particular congratulations to top-performing students:
- Netra Patel (4x9s, 2x8s; 2x7s, 2x6s and a Distinction Star);
- Alejandro Ito Aramendia (4x9s, 3x7s, 3x6s, and a Distinction Star);
- Sophia Elizalde (2x9s, 3x8s, 4x7s, 3x6s and a Distinction Star);
- Tyler Acheampomg (5x8s, 1x7, 4x6s and a Distinction Star);
- Jaymal Bechar (2x9s, 2x8s, 2x7s, 4x6s and a Merit);
- Ben Areola (5x8s, 2x7s, 2x6 and a Merit)
- Mihir Patel (2x9s, 1x8,1x7, 4x6s, and a Distinction).