This vocational course provides a range of opportunities in both a theoretical and practical format. Lessons are presented in an engaging format to enable students to gain knowledge and understanding in a variety of areas. If you are interested in a career in sport or fitness then this course would enable you to progress to university or employment in a variety of roles in the sport and fitness industry. Personal training, sports injuries, sports psychology, sports analysis, PE teaching and sports coaching are just some examples of careers students go into after studying this course.
Transition into Key Stage 5
Students will have ideally achieved a grade 4+ at GCSE Physical Education or alternatively a merit grade in Level 2 BTEC sport.
BTEC sport level 3 at Key Stage 5
BTEC Sport Extended Certificate
- Unit 1 – Anatomy & Physiology
- Unit 2 – Fitness training and programming
- Unit 3 – Professional development in the sports industry
- Unit 7 – Practical sports performance
Unit 1 and unit 2 are assessed by examination, whilst unit 3 & unit 7 are coursework based.
- Equivalent in size to one A Level.
- 4 units of which 3 are mandatory and 2 are external.
- Mandatory content (83%).
- External assessment (58%).
Additional and recommended learning tools or reading
- Mrs Rowden (Head of department)
- Miss Ogbonnaya
- Mr Roberts
- Mr Okoroafor